Temari

Interlocking Square Temari

I know! Two temari in two months. What is this world coming to? Well, keep in mind the previous one was nearly done when I found it in my bag. This one, however, was started from scratch. I’d estimate about 12 hours of work over the course of about a week from the bare styrofoam ball to completion. Not bad at all, especially considering I’ve never tried this pattern before, and I didn’t have any instructions, just a photo.

I also attempted this one by just using the simple 4 plus obi marking pins, plus half way divider pins, as opposed to actually placing all of the complex 8 guidelines. It was so easy for me to see where the six squares went, I didn’t think I would need them. Mistake! I think things would have come out a little more square (no pun intended) if I had put the guidelines in. I will next time!

But for my first try at this pattern, and particularly given how non-spherical this base ended up being, I’m pretty happy with it.

Currently feeling: trimming the tree

4 Comments